Diploma in Echocardiography
Echocardiography is routinely used in diagnosis, management and follow up of patients with any suspected or known heart diseases. This program is designed to impart knowledge on how to perform echocardiography in various cardiac diseases in order to arrive at correct diagnosis and management.
Eligibility : MBBS
Certification : Diploma will be awarded by UGC recognized University
Subject Detail :
Topics covered under the 7 days contact classes
3 days – Theory (subject details, still pictures, videos and live patient demonstration)
4 days – Hands on + Observer ship
Session One :
- Introduction & Aim of the course
- M – Mode & 2 D echo: Introduction and Demonstration of various tomographic planes and echo anatomical correlation
- Doppler and color flow mapping: Fundamental concepts and basic Doppler calculations
- M – Mode/2D Measurements
Session Two :
- Evaluation of LV function, calculation of ejection
- Assessment of LV systolic functions – Practical approach in assessing LV systolic function in day to day practice. Common problems & their solution.
- Basic of diastolic dysfunction
Session Three :
- Valvularegurgitant lesions: Comprehensive evaluation, common pitfalls and solutions in clinical context.
- Comprehensive evaluation of mitral valve (Doppler & Color flow): Comprehensive evaluation of mitral stenosis & regurgitation. Common errors & how to avoid them, case studies.
- A step by step comprehensive evaluation, common pitfalls and solutions
Session Four :
- Concept of Hypokinesis, Akinesis, Dyskinesis & Aneurysm
- Cardiomyopathies – Their echo evaluation
- Echo evaluation of cad: Fraction &Territory of coronary artery supply
Session Five :
- Congenital heart disease
- Segmental approach in diagnosis of congenital heart disease & Evaluation of acyanotic lesion
- Acyanotic left to right shunts
- Evaluation & Role of echo in deciding when to intervene?
- Cyanotic congenital heart disease
- Demonstration of Peripheral venous contrast echo
Session Six :
- Infective endocarditis – an introduction
- MVPS – basics of live cases studies
- Echo evaluation of pericardium
- Constriction vs Restrictive cardiomyopathy vs. pericardial tamponade – Basic physiology, haemodynamics& how to differentiate them by echo?
- Diseases of right heart – echo evaluation (corpulmonale, pulmonary artery hypertension, pulmonary embolism.
- Right ventricle evaluation in daily practice
Session Seven :
- How not to miss a lesion by conventional imaging part
- A complete echo study – suggested protocol
- Echocardiography in Emergencies
- Newer Advances in Echo.
- MCQ in echocardiography
- Give diagnosis
- Download application form. for download click here
- Make a Demand draft in favor of "New Delhi Healthcare Academy"
- Send application form with a demand draft and all the relevant document:
- 10th Marksheet and certificate
- 12th Marksheet and certificate
- MBBS Certificate and Registration copy
- Mailing address
The Medical Director,
New Delhi Healthcare Academy,
B - 41, First Floor, Shivalik, New Delhi - 110017
# 09971971341, 011 45555362